New World is the planet that the Chaos Walking Trilogy takes place on. It was settled by Christian humans twenty-three years before the start of The Knife of Never Letting Go. At the end of Monsters of Men, a second ship arrives to settle on New World, because the first ship did not make it.
Major Places/Features Edit
- Prentisstown- a city, founded by Mayor Prentiss
- Haven/New Prentisstown- the biggest city and presumably the capital of New World
- Farbranch- a small farming town in a valley
- Carbonel Downs- a town, has some doctors, located by a river
- Swamp- New World has an enormous swamp, filled with crocodiles, trees, and mud
- Dogs -most likely brought to New World by settlers, can communicate by Noise with people
- Crocodiles- live in the swamp, can think basic Noise phrases, attack people
- Horses- brought to New World by settlers, used as mode of transportation, can be taught more complex Noise phrases, hard to raise on New World
- "Sea Creechers" - some kinds of sea creatures living in the oceans of New World, very deadly
- Birds- native to the planet, often say 'whirler boy' or other basic Noise phrases
- Squirrels- native to the planet, can say 'whirler boy' or other basic Noise phrases
- Things- some kind of herd creatures native to New World, sing the song of "Here"